Wednesday, April 02, 2008

My New Job

I must tell you that while my new job as Elections Administrator for Wise County has 'allowed' me to work many hours, it was really great on election night everything went off without any major hitches. We followed that up with someone requesting a recount that also went perfectly. Following that with runoff elections and that will be followed with the first ever city and school elections that will be held by Wise County. Nothing like jumping into the fire.lol. I look forward to calmer times. Wait....When will that be. I have to find a temporary building to get all my employees in one office rather than two....Work with the county officials to get a permanent location for our office. Find and get government approval for a new polling location...And all this in short order so we can get ready for the November Election..lol. Did I say down time? All that said i am enjoying the challenge of building a completely new department for the counties. New challenges can be good.